WHAT IS FASHION-FLAT?
- fashion flat, fashion float and fashion illustration
- drawing flats with fashion croquis
- basic requirements for fashion flats
FASHION FLATS BY GARMENT ELEMENTS
- hem line
- darts and gores
- collar and necklines
- pleats, gathers, flares
- waist lines and waist bands
- armholes and sleeves
FASHION FLATS BY TYPE OF GARMENT
Fashion designers use numerous variations of armholes and sleeves in apparel design. On this page you can see drawing resources for the most basic types of sleeves commonly used in fashion design: raglan, set in and cut in one piece with bodice (dolman and/or kimono).
- Raglan: type of sleeve for a garment with an armhole starting from an armpit and ending on the neckline or next to the neckline.
- Set in sleeve: type of sleeve for a garment with an armhole starting from an armpit and ending on the end of the shoulder seam.
- Cut in one piece with bodice sleeve: type of the sleeve for a garment with no armhole seam.