WHAT IS FASHION-FLAT?
- fashion flat, fashion float and fashion illustration
- drawing flats with fashion croquis
- basic requirements for fashion flats
FASHION FLATS BY GARMENT ELEMENTS
- hem line
- darts and gores
- collar and necklines
- pleats, gathers, flares
- waist lines and waist bands
- armholes and sleeves
FASHION FLATS BY TYPE OF GARMENT
There are three main types of fashion drawing for fashion industry:
- Fashion flat (garment spec drawing, fashion technical drawing) is a drawing of garment for spec sheets.
- Fashion illustration is a drawing of garment on a figure forline sheet, catalog or for general look of a fashion design project.
- Fashion float is a form of a fashion illustration without depicted figure, could be used for fashion presentation boards or apparel line sheets but usually not for garment spec sheets.
Regardless what type of drawing you choose to use all fashion drawing for fashion industry must be:
- True to garment and fabric
- True to figure: use professionally designed fashion figure template to save time and to avoid common mistakes.